So I just got back from the MFA's "Cocktails and Couture" party and it was nothing short of fabulous. In addition to celebrating the Fashion Show: Paris Collections 2006, plenty of local hotspots were there to showcase the best they have in beautification.
First we grabbed "fashionista cocktails" (orange juice, cranberry juice, Creme de Cassis, and Grey Goose) from a very cute bartender (obviously the MFA knew their demographic for this event). Then we hit the Shu Uemura eyelash table where my cohort was adorned with what the technician called "dramatic" lashes (none for me, thanks). As we marveled at the long, fanned lashes, my friend took a moment for a reality check: "Eyelashes are one of those things I never get excited about unless someone tells me to get excited about them."
We perused the tables of skincare, make-up, and hair before realizing there were hors d'oeuvres circulating. Like true fat-kids-at-heart, we parked ourselves outside the kitchen and picked off miniature crab cakes and gourmet cheeseballs from the trays that passed us.
But, of course, the best part of any fabulous party is the gift bag.
Here's what was inside:
- $100 gift certificate off a purchase of $500 or more at Stil.
- $25 gift card off a purchase of $75 or more at She Uemura.
- 2 for 1 manicure or pedicure at Melt.
- One week pass to Equinox Fitness Club (plus a really tiny Equinox T-shirt -- motivational, perhaps?)
- $100 gift certificate on purchases of $500 or more at Alpha Omega.
- 25 percent off any purchase at Fresh and a sample fragrance quartet.
It all seems a little too rich for my blood, but hey, at least my friend scored some free lashes.
This blogger might want to review your comment before posting it.