SARAH BORGES, singer-songwriter. She plays with her band the Broken Singles tomorrow night at Johnny D's.
Pity Borges's poor iPod. The Cambridge-based musician spends a lot of time on the road with her roots-rock band of seven years, the Broken Singles, and Mr. Pod, as she calls it, is often the soundtrack for long drives. To make room for new songs, Borges recently spent a few hours removing stuff. Such as? "All these promo introductions I did for radio stations," she said. "I had about 25 versions of me saying, 'Hi, this is Sarah Borges, and you're listening to. . .' " Befitting a Taunton native who had her first band, Kipper Tin, at age 18, Borges was happy so many of her favorite Boston artists popped up on her shuffle, including Buffalo Tom, the Rudds, the Spaceshots, and Treat Her Right.
1. "The Walk," The Cure
2. "Deeper Than Beauty," Sloan
3. "Ram On," Paul McCartney
4. "Make Some Pay," Chatham County Line
5. "Twenty-Points (The Ballad of Sexual Dependency)" Buffalo Tom
6. "Blues Driven," The Spaceshots
7. "Keep My Love," The Rudds
8. "I'd Rather Go Blind," Rod Stewart
9. "Big Medicine," Treat Her Right
10. "Trouble Boys," Nick Lowe
Glad we missed: "It's kind of heavy on demos of stuff we've done recently, so I'm glad those didn't come up. That would have been embarrassing."