"Gravity" cleaned house on Sunday night with seven Academy Award wins, but it wasn't the Alfonso Cuaron-directed film that left a great taste in our mouth -- it was the pizza.
Pizza? Yes, pizza.
Oscars host Ellen DeGeneres told her peers that she would order pizzas halfway through the show, and she made good on her promise. Minutes later she brought out a pizza delivery man from backstage, used Brad Pitt as a plate-passer-outer, and delivered cheesy, gooey, luke-warm looking slices to a slew of celebs.
Here are the five best reasons that there should be pizza at every awards show:
1. If you're the host, you'll win tons of points from your peers (who you may have made fun of earlier in the night)
2. Pizza-eating makes for awesome awards show selfies
3. Jennifer Lawrence loves pizza, and everyone loves Jennifer Lawrence
4. Brad Pitt is the waiter of our dreams
5. And finally, simplly because celebrities have to eat, too
The best moment of the night pic.twitter.com/xdSvUiPEex— samir mezrahi (@samir) March 3, 2014
About Movie Nation
ContributorsTy Burr is a film critic with The Boston Globe.
Mark Feeney is an arts writer for The Boston Globe.
Janice Page is movies editor for The Boston Globe.
Tom Russo is a regular correspondent for the Movies section and writes a weekly column on DVD releases.
Katie McLeod is Boston.com's features editor.
Rachel Raczka is a producer for Lifestyle and Arts & Entertainment at Boston.com.
Emily Wright is an Arts & Entertainment producer for Boston.com.
Take 2 reviews and podcast
Look for new reviews by Ty Burr and Wesley Morris at the end of each week in multiple formats.