Bouillabaisse w/French bread from Turner Fisheries
- Linda Doherty, Woburn
Bouillabaisse w/French bread recipe courtesy of Executive Chef Christoph Leu: Ingredients 6 cups chicken stock
6 tbsp olive Oil
1 small onion (thinly sliced)
1 small fennel (thinly sliced)
1/2 small white leek (thinly sliced) white and 1/2 small light green leek (thinly sliced)
2 tbsp garlic (chopped)
1 pinch saffron
1 cup tomatoes Canned (diced)
3 tbsp pernod
24 mussels (scrubbed and bearded)
10 oz scallops (Sea Scallops are preferred)
8 oz Monk fish fillets 3/4 in diced
1 French bread sliced in bias 1/2 thick
4 tbsp mayonnaise
6 cloves roasted garlic puree (see recipe)
2 tsp lemon juice
1 pinch Cayenne pepper
1 tbsp chives chopped
French bread directions
1) Pre heat oven to 400 F (convection if possible)
2) In 10X10 inch piece of aluminum foil wrap 6 cloves of garlic with 2 tbsp olive oil. Place pouch in oven and roast for 15 min. till garlic turns golden.
3) Remove from oven and let cool.
4) Strain oil (reserve) and remove cloves.
5) Combine mayonnaise, garlic, cayenne, and lemon juice in blender till smooth.
6) Brush slices of French bread with olive oil (remaining from roasting the garlic).
7) Place on baking sheet and toast in oven till golden. Remove and keep warm
1) Heat 4 tbsp olive oil in stock pot.
2) Sautee all vegetables till soft without coloring at medium heat for 6 min.
3) Add saffron, tomato, and chicken stock and bring to boil.
4) Reduce heat and let simmer uncovered for 10 min.
5) Add Pernod, monkfish, scallops, shrimp, and mussels.
6) Gently simmer for approximately 8 minutes or till all mussels have opened and scallops and monkfish are opaque throughout.
7) Evenly divide broth and seafood among 6 large bowls and sprinkle with chives.
8) Spread roasted garlic mayo generously on toasted bread and serve with Bouillabaisse.