|Butter (for the pan)|
|2/3||cup dark brown sugar|
|1/3||cup granulated sugar|
|2||teaspoons ground cinnamon|
|1||tablespoon unsalted butter, melted|
1. Set the oven at 375 degrees. Butter a 9-inch-square cake pan.
2. In a small bowl combine the brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon, and butter; set aside.
|2||teaspoons baking powder|
|1||tablespoon granulated sugar|
|1/2||cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted|
|3/4||cup whole milk|
|Flour (for rolling)|
1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar. With a spoon, stir in the butter and milk and mix for 1 minute or just until it forms a smooth dough.
2. Turn the dough out onto a floured counter and roll it into a rectangle about 9 by 16 inches.
3. Spread the filling mixture on the dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border around the edge. With your hands, gently roll up the dough, starting at one long side. At the end of the roll, press the seam to seal the roll.
4. With a serrated knife, cut the log into 12 equal pieces. Arrange the pieces evenly in the cake pan.
5. Bake the rolls for about 25 minutes or until firm and golden.
|2||tablespoons whole milk|
|1||cup confectioners' sugar, sifted into a bowl|
2. Let the rolls cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Turn them out onto a large cake plate, setting them right side up.
3. With a spoon, drizzle the icing evenly over the rolls. Keri Fisher