Makes about 19
|1 1/4||cups all-purpose flour|
|1/4||cup cake flour|
|1/8||teaspoon baking soda|
|10||tablespoons (1 stick plus 2 tablespoons) unsalted butter, at room temperature|
|1/2||cup granulated sugar|
|1/2||cup light brown sugar|
|2 1/2||teaspoons vanilla extract|
|2||ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled|
|6||ounces bittersweet chocolate, hand-cut into chunks|
|3||ounces white chocolate, hand-cut into chunks|
2. In an electric mixer, cream the butter on medium-low speed for 3 minutes. Add the granulated sugar and beat for 1 minute. Add the light brown sugar and beat for 1 minute more.
3. Blend in the egg, vanilla, and melted chocolate.
4. On low speed, blend in the flour mixture, scraping down the sides of the bowl often.
5. Remove the bowl from the mixer stand. With a rubber spatula, stir in the bittersweet and white chocolate chunks. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
6. Set the oven at 325 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
7. Take up heaping 2 - tablespoon mounds of dough and place them on the paper, setting them 3 inches apart. Bake the cookies for 16 to 17 minutes, or until just set. Let them stand on the sheets for 1 minute, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Bake remaining dough in the same way. Store in an airtight container. Lisa Yockelson