'Lesserbooks' a Twitter phenomenon
What if famous book titles weren't so majestic _ or poetic? What if the publishing houses had a second-string employee in charge at the last stage of publication?
That's the conceit of Lesserbooks, a Twitter string that has generated tens of thousands of entries in the past day. My offer, ''100 Minutes of Solitude,'' was outshadowed by scores of brilliant light-under-a-bushel entries. Here's 15, in no particular order, that use a kazoo instead of a trumpet to annouce Hemingway, Zadie Smith, Dickens, C.S. Lewis, etc.:.
1. Of Mice
2. Tale of One City
3. White Dentures
4. A Room With a Bed
5. Crime and Community Service
6. Meth In The Afternoon
7. Dante's Impala
8. The Autobiography of Malcolm (in the Middle)
9. The DeVito Code
10. Breakfast Burrito at Tiffany's
11. The Lion, The Witch, and the Walk-in Closet
12. Middle Management of the Rings
13. Are You There, God? It's me, Hitler
14. The Crepes of Wrath
15. Charlotte's Weblog
Do you have a Lesserbooks idea? Add it!
You can see more Lesserbooks by going to here and searching Lesserbooks.