|1||clove garlic, crushed|
|2||tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill|
|Salt and pepper, to taste|
|1||cup Greek-style plain yogurt|
|Juice of 1/2 lemon|
1. In a bowl, mix the garlic, dill, salt, pepper, yogurt, and lemon juice.
2. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate.
|2||small zucchini, coarsely grated|
|1||teaspoon salt, or more to taste|
|1/2||cup ricotta cheese|
|2||cloves garlic, crushed|
|Small handful fresh basil leaves, chopped|
|Small handful fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped|
|Pepper, to taste|
|Olive oil (for frying)|
1. Layer the zucchini and 1 teaspoon of salt in a colander. Set the colander over a bowl and leave to drain for 1 hour. Rinse and squeeze dry in a clean tea towel.
2. In a bowl, whisk together the ricotta, egg, and flour. Add the garlic, basil, parsley, and pepper. Stir in the zucchini.
3. Fill a skillet with 1/2 inch of olive oil. Set it over medium heat. When it is hot, fry tablespoons of the batter, without crowding, for 2 to 3 minutes on a side or until golden brown. Drain the fritters on paper towels. Continue frying batter until it is all used. Serve with tzatziki sauce. Adapted from “The Kitchen Garden Cookbook’’